Published 05/08/2022 by Vincent Kermarec
The Piper PA-46, ideal for business trips
Introducing PIPER PA-46
The Piper PA-46 is a single engine that can be used as a flexible and economical business jet. It is fast, comfortable, able to fly in all weathers and land on short, unpaved or grass runways.
Developed in the mid-1980s, it exists in several versions, all available on the OpenFly platform:
- The Piper PA-46 Mirage is the version equipped with a 310 or 350 hp piston engine. You can also find it under the designation M350 for models that left the factory after 2015.
- The Piper PA-46 JetPROP is a re-engined version of the Piper Mirage by Rocket Engineering. Thus equipped with a 550hp turboprop instead of its piston engine, the JetPROP gains in climb speed and cruising speed while maintaining one of the lowest operating costs of 6-seater aircraft.
- The Piper PA-46 Méridian is the official version of the PA-46 with a turboprop engine. At the end of the 1990s, seeing new PA-46 buyers immediately go to Rocket Engineering to re-engine their aircraft, the manufacturer Piper decided to launch a new aircraft, capable of competing with the JetPROP. At the end of 2000, the first PA-46 Meridians left the factory, equipped with a 600hp engine. Due to a higher weight, they remain a little more fuel-hungry than the JetPROP.
Advantages of the PIPER PA-46
- 4 Passengers in “club” configuration, up to 5 passengers including the co-pilot seat.
- Able to access most airfields (short runways, grass…)
- Pressurized cabin to enjoy a comfortable cruising altitude.
- Low running costs.
- Very fast JetPROP, Meridian, M500 and M600 versions.
The interior of the PIPER PA-46 aircraft
The interior configuration is made up of 4 comfortable leather seats arranged in a square, equipped with a folding table. At the rear of the cabin is a large luggage space capable of accommodating several intermediate suitcases. The front is made up of two crew seats. The plane being approved for a single pilot, it is possible to accommodate a 5th passenger.